Expand Your Legal Career
The University of Southern California is proud to announce the launch of the first degree of its kind: a specialized online Master of Laws (LL.M.) program for international students and an optional graduate certificate in Business Law.
Why choose the Online LL.M. at USC Gould?
- Earn the only online Master of Laws (LL.M.) offered with a graduate certificate in Business Law
- Complete your LL.M. degree with a specialization 100% online in as few as 12 months
- Graduate from a top-ranked law school in the U.S.
- Share a USC connection that is both worldwide and lifelong with more than 10,000 law school alumni
- Receive dedicated student services, including curricular advising, academic support, career development and bar exam preparation
Online Master of Laws Degree Program
The USC online Master of Laws program is designed to meet the growing demand for U.S.-based legal study by international attorneys, judges, government officials, prosecutors, corporate legal counsel, bankers and recent law graduates. The goal of this program, offered through the prestigious USC Gould School of Law, is to further prepare accomplished professionals for leadership opportunities. As the legal profession continues to evolve, no school is better positioned to provide the education for the next generation of legal professionals who will practice on a worldwide stage.
Online LL.M. Created for International Students
The University of Southern California enrolls the highest number of international students of any university in the United States. We are known for our diverse student body, our leadership in education and our tight-knit Trojan family alumni network that includes global leaders in the legal profession. USC online LL.M. students have the opportunity to make lifelong connections with faculty and practicing lawyers working throughout the world.
Throughout the course of this program, online Master of Laws students will have the opportunity to:
- Explore facets of the U.S. legal system, adding breadth to their career background
- Become proficient in legal research using Westlaw and other legal research resources
- Complete U.S. legal study requirements necessary to sit for the California Bar exam, for students whose previous degrees and/or experience deems them eligible.
- Participate in small classes that promote rich interaction among students from across the globe
- Build relationships with prominent USC Law faculty, including practicing attorneys and legal experts
- Receive extensive support including curricular advising, academic support, career development, bar exam preparation and more
- Join a network of 1,400 LL.M. alumni, 10,000 law school alumni and 340,000 USC alumni from all over the globe
USC also offers an optional on-campus Summer Law & English program to online LL.M students seeking to improve their legal English skills, gain additional knowledge of U.S. law and enjoy a memorable life experience.
Carefully Designed Curriculum
The online LL.M. program aligns with the law school’s vision and the program’s mission to bring together discussion and interactive learning opportunities in the curriculum. Our scholarly yet practical approach ensures that students gain the skills and perspective important to every lawyer who will practice, teach, enter public service or work in business. Curriculum for the program consists of a variety of courses, which can include:
- Introduction to U.S. Legal System
- Legal Profession
- Legal Research
- Constitutional Law
- Topics in American Law
Completion of the LL.M. program online will also permit students to complete the U.S. legal study requirements necessary to sit for the California Bar exam, for students whose previous degrees and/or experience deems them eligible. Students can also study for a graduate certificate in Business Law (*).
Business Law Certificate
The Business Law Certificate offers courses such as Business Organizations, Securities Regulation, Business for Lawyers, Contract Drafting and Strategy, and Mergers and Acquisitions.
Courses will provide students a unique opportunity to acquire the diverse skills and knowledge required to represent clients in any area of business law. To earn the certificate, students will study a rigorous curriculum that exposes them to the legal and business issues that practitioners encounter regularly. Each course provides a balance of theory and practical insight and will benefit students whether they practice as either transactional lawyers or litigators.
(*) There are no additional fees for enrolling in a certificate program, as the corresponding courses will count toward the credits required for the online LL.M. degree.